I enjoy working in schools and bringing history and other subjects to life through drama. I have facilitated a variety of workshops and projects in educational settings these include:
- Inspire and Onstage at the Dundee Rep Theatre. A creative learning project for primary and secondary school projects which allow students to perform on the Rep stage.
- Teaching assistant in the drama department at Ardrossan Academy. Developed lesson plans and exercises that fit in with the Curriculum for Excellence and National/Higher qualifications.
- Developing theatre education resources and workshops for secondary schools for professional theatre productions like Victoria by David Greig and the Caucasian Chalk Circle by Bertolt Brecht.
- Early year’s project at the Dundee Rep Theatre touring a workshop exploring the “Three Little Pigs” around schools and nursery’s in Dundee.
- Drama and visual arts project in Drumchapel. This was part of the Antonine Wall Roman Sculpture project with Kelvinclyde Greenspace. Running drama workshops at Stoneydyke Primary School which involved taking drama games and doing improvisations with the children on the Romans and to come up with a performance.
- Woodland Drama project at Balornock Primary School in Glasgow. This was working with Primary 5 children bringing biology, biodiversity and nature to life for them through drama.